How to hire logistics and shipping specialists
Need help sourcing products for your online store or dropshipping business? A logistics and shipping specialist can help.
So how do you hire logistics and shipping specialists? What follows are some tips for finding top logistics and shipping specialists on Upwork.
How to shortlist logistics and shipping professionals
As you’re browsing available logistics and shipping consultants, it can be helpful to develop a shortlist of the contractors you may want to interview. You can screen profiles on criteria such as:
- Industry fit. You want a logistics and shipping specialist who understands your industry so they can help you source products from quality suppliers.
- Project experience. Screen candidate profiles for specific skills and experience (e.g., integrating your supply chain with an ERP solution such as SAP).
- Feedback. Check reviews from past clients for glowing testimonials or red flags that can tell you what it’s like to work with a particular logistics and shipping specialist.
How to write an effective logistics and shipping job post
With a clear picture of your ideal logistics and shipping specialist in mind, it’s time to write that job post. Although you don’t need a full job description as you would when hiring an employee, aim to provide enough detail for a contractor to know if they’re the right fit for the project.
An effective logistics and shipping job post should include:
- Scope of work: From inventory management to product distribution, list all the deliverables you’ll need.
- Project length: Your job post should indicate whether this is a smaller or larger project.
- Background: If you prefer experience with certain industries or ERP tools, mention this here.
- Budget: Set a budget and note your preference for hourly rates vs. fixed-price contracts.
Ready to reduce the administrative overhead of getting products to your customers? Log in and post your logistics and shipping job on Upwork today.
LOGISTICS & SHIPPING SPECIALISTS FAQ
What is logistics and shipping?
There’s a lot of coordination and planning that goes into ensuring a product ships to a customer after they make a purchase online.
Here’s a quick overview of the skills you should look for in logistics and shipping consultants:
- Logistics and shipping
- Supply chain management
- Product sourcing
- Inventory management
Why hire logistics and shipping specialists?
The trick to finding top logistics and shipping specialists is to identify your needs. Is your goal to find someone to source products from third-party shipping houses for your Amazon dropshipping business? Or do you maintain an active inventory and need help shipping products to customers? The cost of your project will depend largely on your scope of work and the specific skills needed to bring your project to life.
How much does it cost to hire a logistics and shipping specialist?
Rates can vary due to many factors, including expertise and experience, location, and market conditions.
- An experienced logistics and shipping specialist may command higher fees but also work faster, have more specialized areas of expertise, and deliver higher-quality work.
- A contractor who is still in the process of building a client base may price their logistics and shipping services more competitively.
Which one is right for you will depend on the specifics of your project.