The Role and the Successful Candidate
We are looking for a part-time contract System Administrator (SA) who will be responsible for effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems and related infrastructure. This individual will perform technical research to enable continuing infrastructure innovation and resolve issues. This individual ensures that system hardware, operating systems, software systems, and related procedures adhere to our clients’ organizational values, enabling staff, volunteers, and Partners.
The successful candidate lives in the Greater Toronto Area (GTA) in Ontario, Canada and owns a car.
The successful candidate will be involved with the design, installation and support of our clients’ LANs, WANs, Internet and intranet systems, and network segments.
The SA that we are looking for is a self-starter that can work independently and has a strong entrepreneurial spirit. You welcome system issues and have a deep desire to resolve the issue to the clients’ satisfaction. You are able to work when needed during the day and as needed nights and weekends.
• Support LANs, WANs, network segments, Internet, and intranet systems.
• Maintain system efficiency and recoverability.
• Troubleshoot problems reported by users.
• Make recommendations for future upgrades.
• Maintain network and system security.
• Identify user needs, analyze and isolate issues.
• Monitor networks to ensure security and availability to specific users.
• Evaluate and modify system's performance.
• Maintain integrity of the network, server deployment, and security.
• Ensure network connectivity throughout a company's LAN/WAN infrastructure is on par with technical and business considerations.
• Design and deploy networks.
• Maintain network facilities in individual machines, such as drivers and settings of personal computers as well as printers.
• Install new / rebuild existing servers, configure and administer servers, desktop computers, printers, routers, switches, firewalls, phones, personal digital assistants, smartphones, software deployment, security updates and patches
• Create, change, and delete user accounts per request
• Repair and recover from hardware or software failures. Coordinate and communicate with impacted constituencies.
• Interpret and/or discuss information with others, which involves terminology or concepts not familiar to many people; regularly provide advice and recommend actions involving rather complex issues. May resolve problems within established practices