How to hire Zendesk specialists
Zendesk specialists can help you track customer issues and foster better relationships with your customers.
So how do you hire Zendesk specialists? What follows are some tips for finding top Zendesk specialists on Upwork.
How to shortlist Zendesk professionals
As you’re browsing available Zendesk consultants, it can be helpful to develop a shortlist of the professionals you may want to interview. You can screen profiles on criteria such as:
- Industry fit. You want a Zendesk specialist who understands your industry so they can troubleshoot problems your customers may encounter.
- Project experience. Screen candidate profiles for specific skills and experience (e.g., integrating Zendesk with a Shopify store).
- Feedback. Check reviews from past clients for glowing testimonials or red flags that can tell you what it’s like to work with a particular Zendesk specialist.
How to write an effective Zendesk job post
With a clear picture of your ideal Zendesk specialist in mind, it’s time to write that job post. Although you don’t need a full job description as you would when hiring an employee, aim to provide enough detail for a contractor to know if they’re the right fit for the project.
An effective Zendesk job post should include:
- Scope of work: From issue tracking to customer support, list all the deliverables you’ll need.
- Project length: Your job post should indicate whether this is a smaller or larger project.
- Background: If you prefer experience with certain industries, collaboration tools, or technologies, mention this here.
- Budget: Set a budget and note your preference for hourly rates vs. fixed-price contracts.
Ready to provide quality customer service to your customers? Log in and post your Zendesk job on Upwork today.
ZENDESK SPECIALISTS FAQ
What is Zendesk?
Zendesk is an all-in-one customer service platform that covers everything from processing support tickets to customer relationship management (CRM).
Here’s a quick overview of the skills you should look for in Zendesk professionals:
- Customer service and support
- Communication skills (e.g., email, phone, chat)
- Other CRM tools such as HubSpot CRM
Why hire Zendesk specialists?
The trick to finding top Zendesk specialists is to identify your needs. Is your goal to find someone to manage customer support tickets, track issues, and troubleshoot problems? Will you also require some IT expertise to offer technical support for a software product? The cost of your project will depend largely on your scope of work and the specific skills needed to bring your project to life.
How much does it cost to hire a Zendesk specialist?
Rates can vary due to many factors, including expertise and experience, location, and market conditions.
- An experienced Zendesk specialist may command higher fees but also work faster, have more specialized areas of expertise, and deliver higher-quality work.
- A contractor who is still in the process of building a client base may price their Zendesk services more competitively.
Which one is right for you will depend on the specifics of your project.