How to hire messenger marketers
From building subscription lists to setting up chatbots, messenger marketers can help you meet your target market on their preferred messenger app.
So how do you hire messenger marketers? What follows are some tips for finding top messenger marketers on Upwork.
How to shortlist messenger marketing professionals
As you’re browsing available messenger marketing consultants, it can be helpful to develop a shortlist of the professionals you may want to interview. You can screen profiles on criteria such as:
- Industry fit. You want a messenger marketer who understands your industry so they can help you figure out how best to reach your target market.
- Project experience. Screen candidate profiles for specific skills and experience (e.g., setting up a chatbot on Facebook Messenger with SendPulse).
- Feedback. Check reviews from past clients for glowing testimonials or red flags that can tell you what it’s like to work with a particular messenger marketer.
How to write an effective messenger marketing job post
With a clear picture of your ideal messenger marketer in mind, it’s time to write that job post. Although you don’t need a full job description as you would when hiring an employee, aim to provide enough detail for a contractor to know if they’re the right fit for the project.
An effective messenger marketing job post should include:
- Scope of work: From subscription lists to chatbots, list all the deliverables you’ll need.
- Project length: Your job post should indicate whether this is a smaller or larger project.
- Background: If you prefer experience with certain industries, software, or marketing tools, mention this here.
- Budget: Set a budget and note your preference for hourly rates vs. fixed-price contracts.
Ready to incorporate messenger marketing into your marketing campaign? Log in and post your messenger marketing job on Upwork today.
FAQS FOR HIRING MESSENGER MARKETERS
What is messenger marketing?
Messenger marketing is the practice of using messaging apps such as Facebook Messenger to market products and services. It entails sending short, targeted messages designed to boost engagement and promote products and services.
Here’s a quick overview of the skills you should look for in messenger marketing professionals:
- Messenger marketing
- Messenger marketing tools (e.g., SendPulse, MobileMonkey)
- Messenger apps (e.g., Facebook Messenger, WhatsApp, Line, Slack)
Why do you want to hire messenger marketers?
The trick to finding top messenger marketers is to identify your needs. Is your goal to set up a chatbot to help customers asking questions via their favorite messenger app? Will you also need help building a list of subscribers that you can use to send promotions? The cost of your project will depend largely on your scope of work and the specific skills needed to bring your project to life.
How much does it cost to hire a messenger marketer?
Rates can vary due to many factors, including expertise and experience, location, and market conditions.
- An experienced messenger marketer may command higher fees but also work faster, have more-specialized areas of expertise, and deliver higher-quality work.
- A contractor who is still in the process of building a client base may price their messenger marketing services more competitively.
Which one is right for you will depend on the specifics of your project.