Who We Are
Heart-Centered Counseling is a committed team of exceptionally well-trained counselors who are here to help anyone in Northern Colorado get the relief they deserve. When clients first arrive, we offer a warm, supportive environment; when they’re ready to depart, they’ll feel whole again, and equipped to handle life’s roughest moments. In between arrival and departure, they’ll be attended to by caring people operating an extraordinary counseling practice.
You can read more about the group at www.heartcenteredcounselors.com and about Carl, the clinical director, at www.carlscounseling.com
Who We’re Looking For
1. A caring, empathic individual, who has a sincere desire to help people feel connected and welcomed.
2. Strong communication skills.
3. Front office, Healthcare Clinical experience, or a strong work history demonstrating people skills, ideally as a patient care coordinator, office manager, receptionist, or related role. (Basic knowledge of insurance billing and processing would be a plus.)
4. Your proven ability to interface with clients and clinic personnel in a professional way while maintaining a position of genuine care.
5. Your ability to multitask and stay organized.
6. Basic computer skills.
What You’ll Do
1. First and foremost, you’re most important task is to help new clients when they first call.
You’ll help them by setting them up with one of our supportive therapists. In this part of your job at Heart-Centered Counseling, you’ll help each person who calls feel connected and comfortable, and then match them to the right therapist on our team. We want you to take the time you need which each new client call.
As the clinical director, I’m hoping you can represent to the caller that, “whatever is happening, whatever has brought you here today, the counselors and therapists at Heart Centered Counseling are here just for you: We have decades of combined experience dealing with issues exactly like yours.”
When new clients call, you’ll first and foremost be the first line of care — a lifeline of support, so to speak. We’re counting on you to be sociable and kind. You’ll listen, understand, offer empathy, engage, and transition them to getting an appointment set up with one of our therapists.
2. Also, you’ll help with some other phone related tasks:
> Help clients who call to reschedule
> Help our therapists move appointments when they're ill or have an unexpected emergency.
> Help get insurance information from -- and for -- our clients
> Respond to inquiries that come to us via email
> Help coordinate client care with doctor's offices
> You’ll be our call line — and our voice — to and from the world.
3. You’ll also be asked to:
Help with scheduling.
Help with tracking our referrals.
We are a vibrant young group (even though our therapists are seasoned), and are still in the process of building the group practice.
Currently, the work is 15 to 25 hours a week, and we’d be happy to talk with you about hours and how this unique position works.
That should just about do it. Thanks for reading, and I look forward to your application. :)