I am a native Turkish speaker with an English-medium education. My expertise lies in translation, localization, transcreation, blog writing, and teaching English as a second language. I have over fifteen years of experience as a freelance translator and seven published book translations so far.
My educational background includes a BA in English Language and Literature from Boğaziçi University, Turkey, and an MA in Translation Studies (Okan University, Turkey), specializing in translation of literary and social sciences texts and editing. In addition, I obtained a second BA from the Public Relations and Advertising Department at Anadolu University in 2022. Furthermore, I completed the Copywriting for Marketing and Advertising Certificate Program offered by Boğaziçi University in 2007.
I have over fifteen years of experience as a freelance translator, specializing in English to Turkish and vice versa. Additionally, I have been teaching English and preparing teaching, testing, and assessment materials at an academic level. I worked for three universities in Turkey, and I was a member of curriculum development, and testing&assessment offices for two of them. I am the co-founder of the Global English Language School in Muğla, Turkey. I provide online professional English lessons, speaking sessions, and exam preparation lessons for adults.
I also create social media and website content and write blog posts for my clients in English and Turkish. I managed the website content and the social media accounts of the local language school I co-founded for two years.
As a translator, I have experience in translating: film scripts, subtitles, books (fiction and non-fiction), blog posts, magazine articles (on fitness and health, nutrition and lifestyle, arts, music, cinema, culture, and education), academic essays (on music, literature, architecture, and social sciences), business-related texts (product and company introduction letters, press releases, company reports, presentations), technical user manuals, texts on information technologies, education, tourism, and communication.
My published book translations are:
• Uğurböceği by D.H. Lawrence (Original Name: The Ladybird), Publisher: Zeplin Kitap.
• Markalar Nasıl Genç Kalır - Y ve Z Kuşakları için Markalama by Joeri Van Den Bergh and Mattias Behrer (Original Name: How Cool Brands Stay Hot), Publisher: Mediacat
• Kıvılcımlar by Eleanor Glewwe (Original Name: Sparkers), Publisher: Kırmızı Kedi Yayınları
• Ateş gibi Buz by Sara Raasch, (Original Name: Ice Like Fire), Publisher: Kırmızı Kedi Yayınları
• Smiley’nin İnsanları by John le Carré (Original Name: Smiley’s People), Publisher: Kırmızı Kedi Yayınları
• Yuvamıza Düşen Ateş by Kamile Shamsie (Original Name: Home Fire), Publisher: Kırmızı Kedi Yayınları
• Gölgemiz Düşer by Maurice Carlos Ruffin (Original Name: We Cast a Shadow), Publisher: İthaki Yayınları
My book translations soon to be published are:
• The Captain's Doll by D.H. Lawrence, Publisher: İthaki Yayınları
• The Fox by D.H. Lawrence, Publisher: İthaki Yayınları
- I received a ÇEVFOR E-certificate upon successfully completing the Applied Formation Training Exam and Certification offered by Anadolu University and Certified Translation Federation-Turkey in 2020.
- I received a Certificate of Achievement in Social Media Training, Kariyer.net - Online Career School in 2013.
- I successfully completed a 72-hour Human Resources Certificate Program offered by Fatih University Continuous Education Center in 2008.
- I successfully completed the Copywriting for Marketing and Advertising Certificate Program offered by Boğaziçi University in 2007.
- I attended the Scriptwriting for Cinema Workshop offered by Boğaziçi University Mithat Alam Film Center and the lecturer Arzu Çarkın in 2005.
I welcome any short-term or long-term cooperation.